Our product offers a number of features for you. Please take a moment to review the information included here.
You will need to first register the phone on the parent dashboard. The dashboard sends a text to the child's phone which will direct you to download the app on the child's phone. Next, you open the app on the child's phone and enter your registered parent information. Once that is complete information begins populating the parent dashboard. The app is visible on the child's device and it does display a message - "This phone is protected by My Mobile Watchdog".
- Text message monitoring including photos sent/received and deleted texts on the standard messaging application
- Calls Made/Received
- Contact Management
- App Management
- Time Block
- Website Management
- View messages (deleted messages are not captured by the iCloud backup)
- View calls made/received
- View contacts
- View websites visited
- View location
Blocking features are not available on Apple devices.
To configure an Apple product you will need the following information.
1. Your child's mobile number
2. Your child's iCloud ID and password
3. Your child's device must be connected to iCloud with Back Ups turned on and current. On your child's device you can see this under Settings>iCloud>Back Up
4. Two-factor authentication must be turned off on the child's iCloud ID
There is not an app to install for iPhone.
How does it work?
To retrieve the new data from your child’s device, the phone must complete an iCloud backup.
Apple does an automatic iCloud backup every night and you should have access to new data once a day.
This requires that the iCloud Backup setting is turned on at night when the device is idle, charging and connected to WiFi. The device must be idle during the nightly iCloud backup or it will not backup the device.
After the nightly backup runs, new data will be reported to the parent dashboard.
Parents will use the website for the management of the account and viewing of information on their child's activity, there is not a parent application to install. The website is mobile friendly for ease of use, accessible from your phone, computer or tablet. We do recommend Chrome, Firefox and Safari as the preferred and best-performing internet browsers.