Our product offers a number of features for you. Please take a moment to review the information included here.
You will need to first register the phone on the parent dashboard. The dashboard sends a text to the child's phone which will direct you to download the app on the child's phone. Next, you open the app on the child's phone and enter your registered parent information. Once that is complete information begins populating the parent dashboard. The app is visible on the child's device and it does display a message - "This phone is protected by My Mobile Watchdog".
- Text message monitoring including photos sent/received and deleted texts on the standard messaging application
- Calls Made/Received
- Contact Management
- App Management
- Time Block
- Website Management
- View messages (deleted messages are not captured by the iCloud backup)
- View calls made/received
- View contacts
- View websites visited
- View location
Blocking features are not available on Apple devices.
To configure an iPhone you will need the following information:
1. Your child's mobile number (WiFi only devices are not compatible)
2. Your child's device must be connected to iCloud with Back Ups turned on and current. On your child's device you can see this under Settings>YourName>iCloud>Back Up. When there you should see a "latest backup <<date>>", please make sure this is today so you have the most recent information backed up. For more information on iCloud backups you can visit Apple here - https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht203977
3. Parents are required to install an app on their desktop/laptop computer. This is provided in the parent dashboard when provisioning and is called MMWDrelay.
4. The computer must have iTunes installed. A pairing relay sync is established between iTunes and your child's phone to allow the iCloud backups to be collected for the parent dashboard. Detailed step by step instructions are provided during provisioning for parents.
To retrieve the new data from your child’s device, the phone must complete an iCloud backup.
Apple does an automatic iCloud backup every night and you should have access to new data once a day. The child's phone must be plugged in and connected to WiFi at night for this process to be automatic.
This requires that the iCloud Backup setting is turned on at night when the device is idle, charging and connected to WiFi. The device must be idle during the nightly iCloud backup or it will not backup the device.
After the nightly backup runs, new data will be reported to the parent dashboard.
Parents will use the website for the management of the account and viewing of information on their child's activity, there is not a parent application to install. The website is mobile friendly for ease of use, accessible from your phone, computer or tablet. We do recommend Chrome, Firefox and Safari as the preferred and best-performing internet browsers.